We’re looking for a talented, independent and innovative developer to join our team in Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, or Victoria! As an Intermediate Database Developer, you’ll be building and maintaining a cloud-based database, data pipelines and API connections for LoKnow’s newest data product, RainBarrel. Reporting to the Product Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to lead a new adtech product in a fast-growing industry from the ground up.
We’re LoKnow – an advertising-tech and data company that helps brands deliver their message to the right audience, in the right place, at the right time. With five offices across Canada, we help clients, both in Canada and internationally, experience the extraordinary benefits of digital advertising technology. Our Vision is for everyone to access, benefit from, and love the vast world of digital advertising.
RainBarrel is LoKnow’s newest data product idea. A proprietary Audience Graph based on commercially available geo-spatial data, advertisers can use RainBarrel to target their messages to the right audience. Clients who use the RainBarrel Audience Graph as part of their digital advertising strategy can expect an expansive reach, transparent privacy compliance, and a verifiable segmenting methodology within the Canadian market.
We celebrate diversity on our team of Knowers; our differences are acknowledged, appreciated and respected. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or other considerations. Please let us know if you require any specific accommodations during the application process.
Our LoKnow offices are currently working from home, and all training will be hosted virtually - we actively encourage our team to be empowered and autonomous when choosing a work environment conducive to their own individual performance.
- Writes functional, maintainable, and scalable code according to industry best practices.
- Designs database features and improvements independently and in collaboration with the team, estimating effort and complexity.
- Assists in deploying quality code to production environments.
- Diagnoses database defects in development and production environments.
- Uses testing methodologies to verify correct functionality.
- Supports development by staying up to date with the latest industry and technology trends.
- Other tasks that may arise as the product develops
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications, but for the right candidate, we are willing to develop an oversight plan to help you build upon your existing skills.
- 3+ years of database development experience
- Degree or diploma in computer science or software engineering
- Experience with SQL and git version control
- Understanding of database design principles and patterns
- Experience or interest in cloud computing such as AWS is an asset.
- Compensation ranging from $60,000 - $80,000 in base salary
- Participation in our unlimited vacation policy
- Participation in our company profit sharing program
- Access to our excellent health and dental plan
- Access to company matching RRSP after one year
- Flexible work environment
Please submit your resume and a cover letter addressed to Anna Schuurman. In your cover letter, tell us about why you want to work with us!
Due to funding requirements, this position is only open to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents.
August 6, 2021
$60,000.00 - $80,000.00