We’re looking for a talented, independent and innovative person to join our team in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria or Toronto! As a Data Scientist, you’ll be managing the data pipeline, database, and methodologies of LoKnow’s newest data product, RainBarrel. Reporting to the Product Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to lead a new adtech product in a fast-growing industry from the ground up.
We’re LoKnow – an advertising-tech and data company that helps brands deliver their message to the right audience, in the right place, at the right time. With five offices across Canada, we help clients, both in Canada and internationally, experience the extraordinary benefits of digital advertising technology. Our Vision is for everyone to access, benefit from, and love the vast world of digital advertising.
RainBarrel is LoKnow’s newest data product idea. A proprietary Audience Graph based on commercially available geo-spatial data, advertisers can use RainBarrel to target their messages to the right audience. Clients who use the RainBarrel Audience Graph as part of their digital advertising strategy can expect an expansive reach, transparent privacy compliance, and a verifiable segmenting methodology within the Canadian market.
We celebrate diversity on our team of Knowers; our differences are acknowledged, appreciated and respected. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or other considerations. Please let us know if you require any specific accommodations during the application process.
Our LoKnow offices are currently working from home, and all training will be hosted virtually - we actively encourage our team to be empowered and autonomous when choosing a work environment conducive to their own individual performance.
- Manages data collection and data pipelines
- Determines best practices and methodologies for the audience graph
- Develops and maintains databases and data systems necessary for audience graph
- Collaborates with adtech partners (DSPs and DMPs) to help develop integrated products
- Interprets and analyzes data using mathematical and statistical techniques based on scientific methods
- Creates and maintains internal and external automated reports communicating information such as revenue and audience sizes
- Builds and maintains relationships with partners, suppliers and other LoKnow product teams
- Participates in scrum meetings and sprint retrospectives
- Supports supervisors by providing regular progress updates
- Stays up to date on the adtech and data industry, competitive intelligence and evolving privacy requirements
- Identifies high potential but underexposed product and feature opportunities
- Other tasks that may arise as the product develops
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications, but for the right candidate, we are willing to develop an oversight plan to help you build upon your existing skills.
- 3+ years of experience in data collection, data pipelines, databases, statistics, or geospatial data
- Degree in Computer Science, Geo-Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or other technical domain
- Experience with cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services
- A strong command of SQL and working with multiple relational databases and data warehouses
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience with tools such as Github
- Must-have traits include: Being detailed-oriented, having an innovative mindset, a keen interest in digital marketing, know-how to manage a project from start to finish, curiosity, and a willingness to keep up with industry knowledge
- Compensation ranging from $70,000 - $90,000 in base salary
- Participation in our unlimited vacation policy
- Participation in our company profit sharing program
- Access to our excellent health and dental plan
- Access to company matching RRSP after one year
- Flexible work environment
Please submit your resume and a cover letter addressed to Anna Schuurman. In your cover letter, tell us about why you want to work with us!
Due to funding requirements, this position is only open to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents.
July 1, 2021
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00